The concept of precision agriculture has been introduced with the need for sustainable development in the agricultural sector. Although the agricultural industry has been steadily rising over the past three years, the share of this industry in Gross Domestic Product (GDP) remains below 5%. In this context, the significant investments in this sector also targeted the technological area that brought with it the development of innovative solutions for precision agriculture.
BITSoftware, a Romanian company with more than 25 years of experience in developing and implementing business software solutions, has launched FieldBook AgriApps (FBAA), a solution for the efficient management of farms of any size. The solution is a new standard in precision farming, allowing farmers to obtain real-time information based on field inspections and observations, and to make predictions about the treatments to be applied to different crops.
"Farmers now have the FieldBook AgriApps solution, an innovative solution for precision farming in Romania. It is the only software platform that combines business functionalities in a simple and intuitive interface, as well as the ability to integrate external IoT sources (weather stations, sensors, GPS) as well as advanced business solutions ERP or Business Intelligence", says Remus Cazacu - General Manager at BITSoftware.
FieldBook AgriApps can be configured for global scenarios, for multiple crops and as many farms as it is infinitely scalable due to microservice-based cloud architecture.
With the help of FBAA, all farm activities can be managed, such as:
• Planning, execution and tracking of agricultural works;
• Conducting inspections and observations, predictions about treatments;
• Full staff and machinery management and tracking profitability in parcel and crop in real time;
• Managing multiple plots or farms and assessing farm work.
"The Inspection and Observation module allows the addition of information, even in video format, and is able to identify" recipes "of good practice depending on the adversities or the phenological stage, and then propose them to the users. Users can enter daily farming activities and works directly from their mobile phone or tablet and have access to information about real-time managed crops. FieldBook AgriApps can be accessed even offline, automatically synchronizing data when going online", said Remus Cazacu.
In FBAA, simply enter the farm activities and work on your mobile phone or tablet and get more information and results that can save you time and money.
• Preliminary treatments - based on information from field sensors and weather stations, you can get predictions about the treatments needed for crops;
• Geolocation - This functionality is extremely useful if you manage multiple plots or farms. In this way, you can manage the activities for each location through the app;
• Farming management - the main advantage of FBAA is that this solution combines a range of technologies to ensure a resource-efficient management for farms of any size;
• Real-time notifications - allows you to act and make decisions in real time, based on inspections and field observations.
For more info about FieldBook AgriApps please access our website https://www.fieldbookapps.com , where you can request a customized presentation or a meeting with one of our specialists.
FieldBook AgriApps (FBAA) is a project co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, Public Administration and European Funds (MDRAPFE) as Managing Authority for the Competitiveness Operational Program (2014-2020). SMIS Project Code: 115887. The content of this material does not necessarily represent the official position of the European Union or the Government of Romania.